Thursday 20 February 2014

Beauty buys









A slight post with a difference today, well it's purely a beauty post but my blog isn't strictly fashion and i'll post about whatever I fancy really. I consider it to be slightly more of a lifestyle blog posting about things i've been up to, things that interest me etc but with an obvious main focus towards fashion and outfit blogging.

In term's of beauty blogs i'm definitely inspired by people like gh0stparties which I have been since I first starting reading blogs years ago. Her advice is soooo helpful that you cant go wrong with a gh0stparties recommended product. I never have.
So this post was largely inspired by my trip to Boots yesterday which was that dreaded visit of everything in my beauty regime running out at once!!! Those trips are the worst, girls will know. I decided to use it as a chance to swap some of my old products for new ones that I wanted to buy but also keep the tried and tested classics. So here's a quick run down.

Eucerin Dermo Purifyer Night Care 50ml
This product claims to improve skin complexion, delivering lactic acid directly to follicles in order to act against skin blemishes where they originate. To visibly reduce blemishes and prevent the formation of new ones.
This is a new product for me and having quite a troubled skin time at the moment, I hope it's going to be a great one. I've used Eucerin products in the past when my skin was going through a nightmarish time and always found them really good.
Oh and this is on the Boots website for £9.99 but I found it in my local one for £4.79 on offer.

LOreal Paris Skin Perfection 3 in 1 Purifying Micellar Solution 200ml
This is one of those products i've heard so many great things about I had to get! Beauty bloggers have been using to Bioderma cleansing water and raving about it for years and apparently this new L'oreal offering comes very close to it at a much nicer price tag.
I have to say I couldn't wait to take my make up off with it last night and it didn't disappoint, my face felt so clean and I love the fact that it also acts as a toner!

Rimmel London Stay Matte Primer
I don't currently use a primer and this one has had great reviews so this is one i'll be trialing to see whether I've been going wrong doing without a primer all these years.

Collection Lasting Perfection Ultimate Wear Concealer
This is my third time repurchasing this and it is my all time favourite concealer. Up until using this I had always used Mac's Studio Fix Concealer and I have to say this is as good if not better. I find it covers absolutely everything, even the reddest marks and it doesnt budge all day once on and is light enough for my pale skin.

Revlon ColorBurst Lacquer Balm
After looking through all the brands in boots for something like a balm that was going to give me a really natural wash of colour this was the nicest one I found. It's in the shade Demure and I had to include a picture of it on the lips as i'm in love already. Being somebody who wears a lot of reds and dark lipsticks on a daily basis I just wanted a change and something more of an every day colour. This fits the bill perfectly.

So I hope you liked that little beauty round up. I have part 2 coming for you very soon.
Please leave comments as I love to read them and get back to every single one.
Charlie x

2 comments:

  1. The Revlon Lacquer Balm looks lovely! I love the shade you chose & might just have to copy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. pretty and fresh looking :)

    http://sbr-fashion-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete